Ellie the Menace

Ellie, Ellie, Ellie! Yes, that is this cute dog’s name. Except she is not as innocent and cute as she seems. Ellie you see is my 1st fur baby. I got her on January 10, 2019 before coming back to school last year. Let me tell you, having a PUPPY in a dorm room is some tough work. Along with taking pharmacy classes throughout the semester, it was had to find the time to train her as well. Potty training was the worst part of the journey. Right along with the separation anxiety. She would cry and whine all day until I was home with her. This was hard to deal with when you have 2 other roommates with different class schedules. But also, the whining through the thin walls disrupted the peace of others in the dorm. She also dug holes at doorways and under fences due to her separation anxiety. Now that she is getting older, she is showing signs of improvement. Two months ago, she completely destroyed the blinds when my roommate and I left the dorm, but the actions she  shows now are ideal for better behavior. Ellie is a mixed breed of Chow Chow and Catahoula Leopard Dog, meaning she’s super protective and energetic. She loves to run laps around the house and chase after squirrels. She also loves playing with other dogs at the dog park, but she is normally the fastest. Cathoula's are known for their agility and climbing trees, but this mutt hasn't quite mastered it yet. As stated before, Ellie is incredibly protective! Being as protective as she is, Ellie can be very intimidating. Once she's in protection mode, she doesn't look as cute as the picture above. Once Ellie get use to you, she revels the sweetness within her. She is a dog that loves to give hugs and receive belly rubs. She is my dad's favorite, and that's hard to believe since he was the main one in our household that didn't want a dog. As soon as he gets home from work, they immediately  go outside and play tug-of-war or fetch. Ellie can barely contain her excitement which makes her do this silly dance. In regards to my mom, Ellie overprotects her. She follows her all around the house and constantly sits on her feet while guarding the front of her. Ellie is a great addition to my home and she benefits us in so many ways. My family and I are very grateful to have her. Even though Ellie is a menace, we wouldn't trade her for the world.

             

Comments

  1. Your dog is so cute and I love that you wrote about her! You seem to have an awesome addition to your home in both the loving and protective aspect. I would love to see the silly dance of your dog! Nice work on the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dog! She seems so energetic and fun! My dog just turned two and I love her to pieces! I definitely agree with you that training them is the most difficult part about having a dog. I can only imagine how much more difficult it must be to train a dog while living in a dorm! I am so happy for you and your fur baby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts