Tips to having a fun weekend in a small town

Currently, I am a 4th year pharmacy student at Ohio Northern University. Ohio Northern is a small Methodist University found in Ada, OH. The school is completely surrounded by cornfields and the closest major grocery store is 30 minutes away. Based on this description, you can assume there is not much to do in Ada. Compared to my hometown in Memphis, Tn this is foreign to me. Back home there is constant day and night life activity. Here are some tips to having a great weekend in a small town.

Tip 1# : Pack your bags for the weekend and hit the road.
On the weekends, if my schedule isn't to hectic, my friends and I like to travel to surrounding cities. For example, our closest booming cities are Columbus, Toledo, Cincinnati, and Cleveland. While hitting the road, check out your chosen city main attractions. Also, if your twenty-one +, check out the night clubs in the area for night out with your pals.

Tip #2: Paint night
Grab some friends and head to your nearest crafts store. After purchasing a canvas and paints, head home for a night of fun. You can either chose a template to copy, freestyle, or my favorite, choose a theme for the night. Whatever you choose, you will have a good time and clean up is not that tedious. And the best part, all of your supplies can be used over and over again.

Tip #3: Game night
There's nothing better than hanging out with friends and having a game night. There's different types of games to play such as board games, video games, card games, or social games. My personal favorite are card games such as Uno, Cards against Humanity, and Mad Gab. It's always funny to watch your friends struggle to guess phrases.

Tip #4: Movie night
Movie night is always a good time for hanging out with friends. Everyone can bring their personal favorite and the group can choose as a whole. Popcorn, sweets, and snacks can set the mood for an overall fun night. After the movie, you could discuss your favorite parts for a in depth group discussion, especially after documentaries.

Comments

  1. I loved this post so much! Ada is a small town but you can always make your own fun! I have followed all of this tips before so I can't agree more with this post! My personal favorite is game night with friends! I am a competitive person, so game night is full of laughs and competition!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts