Recipe to Making Candy Grapes


Hear ye, Hear ye, Black Student Union will be fundraising this week in Mathile and Mac selling candy grapes. The grapes will be sold Tuesday through Friday mid afternoon. We also will be raffling off Valentine themed gift baskets. One basket is a date night basket, valuing at $85 dollars. The date night basket includes as dinner, movie, dessert, gift card along with chocolate. The other basket is a personal basket packed with a chocolate scented teddy bear, blanket, chocolate, and fuzzy socks. In honor of our fundraiser, I will be sharing the recipe with you all.

  1. First, you start by buying bags of green grapes. Make sure you thoroughly wash and clean the grapes before proceeding further. 
  2. Poke the bottom of the grapes with a toothpick for easier dipping
  3. Next, you would want to pick the candy of your choice such as jolly ranchers, and grind them into chunks. In this case, preferably hard candies which will coat each grapes
  4. Add two cups of sugar, and a 1/2 cup of corn syrup and mix until it reaches a boil
  5. Next, add the flavoring of your choice for a fruity taste. I personally, like to use LorAnn oil candy flavoring. With this flavoring, you would add half a bottle for taste.
  6. Once mixed well, dip the grapes into the sugar mixture and quickly roll around in candy of choice.
  7. Allow grapes to dry, and they are ready for eating!
Hope you all enjoy the recipe!! Let me know how your grapes turn out.

Comments

  1. I have never had candy grapes before. In fact, I never have heard of them, but they sound so good! I have a major sweet tooth, so I will definitely try these soon! I am sure this fundraiser must do very well, especially around valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of the candy grapes is mouthwatering. I'm a lover of dessert, so when fruit is involved, I feel like I'm eating healthy. Haha! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I might have to try it out sometime. Good luck with your Valentine's Day fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of these until this blog. They sound so good and I am definitely going to make these now. I think they would be a thing to make for my Delta Zeta events.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts