Saturday’s Festivities

Wow, today was a day full of excitement and struggles! Now that I am finally settled back home, I think I can confirm that I am adjusted from life in Ohio. I’ve been enjoying the warm weather and the sunny days. I started my morning off with an psychology exam that I totally aced. My parents were very pleased and treated me with breakfast in bed. For the rest of the afternoon, I spent time playing and goofing around with nieces. I swear we were outside playing for what felt like hours đŸ¥µ. Recently my mom’s birthday passed and as a gift, my dad gifted her with a tricycle that she wanted. She knows how to ride a bicycle, but for some reason she wanted a tricycle with a basket so my dog could ride along with her. So today, my father and I decided to assemble the bike for her. When I tell you all never again, I mean it. The bike had to be assembled literally from scratch. Instructions were difficult and none of the parts were labeled. My father and I spent almost three hours on the bike, and it’s still not fully assembled.  Putting the bike together was stressful enough, but putting it  together with my dad made it even worse. He believes he is Bob the Builder, so it was extremely difficult to work together.
The bike is still not finished and will not be finished until a bike shop opens lol. I am pretty proud of myself though for the progress so far given that instructions were terrible. Although I was a little defeated by the bike, I did enjoy spending time with family. Hope you all had as great of a Saturday as me!

Comments

  1. I'm so jealous you are in warm weather! I can't wait for Ohio to reach the 70s so I can do homework outside. Sounds like you had some quality father-daughter bonding time over the bike assembly! I had to laugh, because I would of felt the same after a long assembly with my dad. The Bob the Building part was the best! I hope a bike shop opens soon, so your mom can enjoy her new bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky! Ohio has been raining all the time lately! Enjoy the warm weather and sun for all of us stuck in Ohio! Also, putting together items out of a box often brings out the worst in people. I am glad you got as far as you did and the bike looks like it will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts