The Journey of Taylor Swift

Looking Back At Taylor Swift's 10 Greatest Accomplishments Of Her ...Taylor Swift, now a 30 year old, has had a very successful and striving music career. At the young age of 14, Taylor was the youngest artist at the time signed to Sony/ATV publishing house. Over the course of her 16 year career, Taylor has accomplished many achievements that she never thought would have happened. In January of 2010, Swift was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and also the youngest recipient to win the Grammy Award for Album of the Year. Her second album Fearless currently remains as the most awarded album in the history of country music, which received Album of the Year at the 2009 American Music Awards, Country Music Association, 2010 Grammy Awards and the Academy of Country Music Awards. I remember in middle school singing all of her country songs with my friends on weekend rides or whenever we would hang out. My favorite song at the time was White Horse. I would play that song a million times on my ipod and still will listen till this day whenever I need some nostalgia.  In 2018, her tour Reputation was the highest grossing North American tour and the highest gross for a female artist. And lastly, Taylor is the only female artist with the most Top 40 singles. I recently watched her documentary Miss Americana on Netflix, and I truly enjoyed the watching the film. The documentary provided me with a true insight on Taylor, her lifestyle, and how she has overcome her trials and tribulations. In the end, this documentary showed Taylor as a person, and as an individual. Just like many of us, Taylor was concerned about her weight, had to deal with bullying and backlash, and tried to manage a love life. We all go through the same things, but for Taylor, this is constantly in the public eye rather than us, which is normally within a small setting. This documentary gave me a newfound respect for Taylor Swift and her upbringing as an artist. In my younger days, Taylor played a major part in my music choices for she was a young country girl striving in the music industry in Nashville. Its amazing to see her progression as a artist and her versatility as a country singer to this now seen pop sensation.

Comments

Popular Posts