Bri's Grooming Service

Now that Ellie and I are home, I thought it would be great time to get Ellie groomed. This prevents shedding and hair from being all around my parents' home. Fortunately, I was able to book an appointment with Petco which is currently the only grooming service facility available in my city. Unfortunately, me parents gave me the wrong location so Ellie lost her appointment spot. The next available spot wouldn't be until next Thursday which is way too long for my liking. To my disappointment, I decided to drive to PetSmart to purchase some grooming tools and complete the job myself. My purchase consisted of grooming scissors, shed control shampoo and conditioner, a shedding brush, deshedding wash brush, a nail clipper and lastly some treats. These items were fairly expensive totaling in eighty three dollars. This is normally the price for a bath and cut service so I wasn't too disappointed. Now that I own the supplies, I could groom Ellie probably 12 more times for the price of one grooming service. I started the grooming process by brushing her with the shedding brush to get those loose hairs out of her coat. After, I started to give her a trim with the scissors especially on her paws and legs which were overgrown with hair. This was challenging because she would not be still for more than ten minutes. As she started to get more comfortable, I was able to get more work done. After the trim, she was finally able to get a bath. This was accomplished by putting her in a plastic storage tub filled with water. She enjoyed that part the most so it was quick and easy. Since she isn't quite a fan of the blow dryer, she was able to sunbathe in the backyard to dry off. Overall, I think I gave Ellie a wonderful bath along with a decent cut for it to be my first time. Next time, I will invest in clippers for a faster and cleaner cut. Check out the new and improved pooch below.
     
 
    

Comments

  1. You have such a beautiful dog, and from the looks of it her fur is no joke she has a lot. Even though there was a miscommunication , I am really glad you leaned something new and it looks like your dog got a good grooming for your first try. So maybe now you can save money by doing it your self ...if you have the patience and time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog is so cute! I have always been one to groom my own dog despite the extra work. We don't live very close to a good groomer. My old dog Winston was a Sheltie so he shed a ton and we had to brush him about twice a week. My current dog Willow is a mini Aussie and she doesn't shed nearly as much, but she gets lots of baths since playing in the mud is her favorite game. I'm glad you found a cheap alternative to actually going to get her groomed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts