Finishing the Semester Strong !



Hello fellow college students! As you all may know, we are finally entering dead week with finals week following closely behind. I know this has been a hectic semester not only for us, but for the teachers as well. We all suddenly had to adjust to impromptu changes and conditions that we were not prepared for. With this being said, I believe it to be important to finish the semester strong. School from home may be enjoyable and relaxing but it can also be detrimental to your grades. While at home, it is beneficial to invest the same amount of study time as if you were still at school. Personally, in the beginning, it was difficult for me to separate leisure time and study time. Being at home somewhat made me forget that I was still in school. This resulted in me having to put more effort and commitment to catch up in the areas I was lacking in. Luckily for me, I was able to catch up and excel in those areas, but for other individuals, they weren’t as lucky. Fortunately, to our advantage, the school is offering students options regarding their grade documentations. Although we have the option to pass or fail, we should still work just as hard while finishing the semester. Some advice I would give to help finish the semester strong includes making sure assignments are turned in promptly and on time, have material finished and reviewed ahead of time, designate study days during dead week, and ask teachers any questions you may have before finals week. Also, don’t be afraid to communicate with your classmates for help or clarification. I hope you all have a great finals week and don’t forget to finish the semester strong!

Comments

  1. I too had problems at first adjusting to the change in how classes were held. There have been several times that I have the TV on in the background and end up watching what is on, instead of working on my homework. I like you suggestions on how to finish the semester strong. I have very limited motivation since I only have two weeks left of my senior year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your suggestions on how to finish the semester! I'm struggling with online school but we are so close to being done! I wish you the best of luck with finishing strong, I know you're going to kill it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those tips for staying ahead. It has been very difficult for me to stay on top of everything with all that is happening in the world, so I am glad you have been able to find a system that works for you! I will be making sure to use your tips to stay on top of everything and make sure I have everything prepared for finals week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts