Off Day Flow

Since being back home, I was easily able to get my job back as a pharmacy intern at the Kroger across from my house. Since then, 2 weeks ago, I have been working practically nonstop. My feet hurt so bad from the almost 12hr shifts and my arms are sore from the constant heavy lifted of totes filled with medications. Currently, customers are panicking because of Covid and lack of supplies such as alcohol, gloves, masks, and thermometers.  Being an essential worker is nice and beneficial, but sometimes it becomes very hectic. We are constantly having to order and restock medications because people are trying to fill their prescriptions early or they are trying to buy in bulk. Along with managing school and working almost 30 hrs a week, was the verge of a stress overload. Thankfully, today is my off day. I think I’m going to stay home and catch up on some well needed sleep. Later, I think I may paint my nails and toes along with my nieces since they came to visit.  I’m proud to be an essential worker and I hope I am doing all I can for the community, but this essential worker is exhausted.

Comments

Popular Posts